Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nothing is wasted













Pictures of hungry people who are not on the beneficiary list and are picking up the corn that was spilled onto the ground, at first it’s hard to watch. When I first saw corn and peas spilled during the distribution process I talked to a person in charge. I discussed how we might do things differently because I didn’t feel right about food going to waste. But by the end of the distribution as I watched every kernel being picked up I was reminded of the Bible story of Boaz and Ruth when Boaz told his workmen to leave extra grain in the field for the gleaners who would follow the harvesters and pick up anything that was left behind. But it was still hard to watch little children and aged women down in the dirt scooping up handfuls of sand and sorting through it to get every kernel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How great that you have a blog about your experiences! What an amazing opportunity! Thanks for sharing. Take care.
LuAnn, Al and family