Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leaving Kenya by Darlene

Today is Wednesday May 13, and I have 3 more days before I head back to Michigan. The Time went really fast, the work was rewarding, the people we met were awesome and God was so good!

I was able to go on two food distributions, one in the first week of March and the second in the first week of April. The food distribution was the number one reason for us to come here and it will be remembered as the number one reason to be here. Unforgettable images include the faces of starving children picking up every last kernel of corn that has fallen on the ground, and putting it in little plastic bags and carrying it home as a prized possession. The children and the elderly are the most-needy. When they come to you and rub their stomach and say “hungry” and you have nothing to give, those are faces you remember.

We have two more distribution to do during our stay here, We were suppose to do a May distribution from May 4-l0 but things got delayed and Dwayne will now do the May distribution from May 25-30. The June distribution will be held the second week of June. Dwayne will have very competent people helping him but I wish I could help also.

I am looking forward to coming home. I’m eager to see my Children and grandchildren, my house, my yard and flower garden. I’m also ready to worship at our church again. I really miss my friends and the communion of the saints which we enjoy at South Olive.

Thank you for thoughts and prayers during the last several months

Dwayne and Darlene

No comments: